The Vigo Port Authority has carried out a self-analysis to identify opportunities to achieve more efficiency, safety, and agility based on innovation and quality strategy. In this way, it has developed the Smart ViPort project.
The project will involve the creation of a new intelligent information platform for space control and management, also terminals and port operations that combine cutting edge technology with the current management systems for berths, devices, energy efficiency, access security control, paperless procedures, and use of resources.
The project strategy has its basis on the following steps:
• Digitalization processes for a mechanism to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness: time reduction, quality improvement, measurement and optimization, and cost reduction.
• Integration of key actors involved in the organization's processes, as a way to facilitate participation, collaboration, transparency, delivery, and reception service.
• Integrated Processes and Automation, which allows optimization and operational costs reduction.
• Security Improvement for information, people, goods, and the environment.
These goals are intended to be achieved through the following activities:
The Smart ViPort project is expected to improve the following aspects:
• Internal services management:
- Internal processes management platform (intranet)
-Unique Information File: statistics, accounting collection, human resources, authorizations, etc.
- Operations, services, and resources Geo-positioning
• Energy management:
- Supply network monitoring -electricity and water usage-
- Monitoring of gas consumption, refrigeration systems, fuels
- Consumption optimization
- Processes: simulation, optimization, and prediction for resources and times
- Detection of anomalies: anomalous values and hidden patterns
- Future values estimation: analysis of historical variables for future projections
- Connected Port: one of the main purposes, is to digitize administrative processes, which translates into improved competitiveness, besides the use of the latest ICT tools contributing to digital transformation.
Phase 0 completed: Single data entry, available information mapping, shipment data (arrives and exits), among others.
Next EventsMay 15, 2019, 11:00:00 AM
Blue Growth Vigo Plan, an example of ...Jul 3, 2018, 9:12:00 AM
THE PORT OF VIGO WILL PRESENT THE RES...Nov 7, 2018, 5:19:00 PM
The President of the Port of Vigo pre...Nov 14, 2018, 9:54:00 AM
La Asociación Profesional de Empresas...Nov 23, 2018, 10:00:00 AM